Aliens, Disclosure, etc

Veta Mur

This topic comes up..once in a while here and in the other incarnations of the board. About a year ago I started using Reddit because its the only place I can discuss a few of my obsessions I kill time with (Biblical text criticism, the Jennifer Fairgate case, the JBR case..).. and on a lark I started to follow the UFO and aliens subs there.

Man, the UFO community is losing its mind lately. The seem to think something has actually been disclosed and cant figure out why the rest of humanity isnt freaking out. They talk about all their "evidence" and so on..and.. it reminds me of nothing so much as fundamentalist Christians talking about the inerrancy of the Bible..so..its so weird.

Literally there is not a shred of evidence of alien life. There are a tiny, tiny fraction of "UAP" and orb sightings that are unexplained -- which would be normal. And while I am a skeptic this is something I want to be wrong on, so Im not resistant. I would LOVE to wake up tomorrow to aliens on the White House lawn or a ship in orbit around the moon.. but.. the disclosure hearings were just populist grandstanding.

How is being seen over there by most people..?

That's "aliens" haven't actually be confirmed but it's a lot more information that's been discussed in the public than they've seen before.

If you want to believe that aliens exist now, you're just going to believe it harder. People look at scifi and so badly want it to be real.

The chance of life even making it to us is almost zero because of distances required to travel. I think its just as likely we're a cosmic miracle than abundant life being somewhere out there.

I would avoid the word "miracle" for obvious reasons but here is some agreement.. people get outraged because they dont do the biological side math..but, I think the at present the most likely explanation for what out galaxy looks like in any case is..we are along in this galaxy.

The chance of life even making it to us is almost zero because of distances required to travel. I think its just as likely we're a cosmic miracle than abundant life being somewhere out there.
Even Carl Sagan thought the possibility of aliens visiting Earth was "remote to impossible." The closest star to Earth, Proxima Centauri, takes 44,000 years to get to at the fastest speed we have available. Better pack some sandwiches huh?

Who knows. There could be a million year old civilization out there whose understanding of biology, chemistry and physics would flip our world upside down.

We can obviously only really speculate based on our limited understanding but any other civilization out there doesn't necessarily have to be confined to our established rules.

That said, I generally agree that the distances between systems and the unlikelihood that a civilization survives long enough to achieve the knowledge and technology it would take to travel them makes the chances we've been visited virtually nil.

But who knows!

Even Carl Sagan thought the possibility of aliens visiting Earth was "remote to impossible." The closest star to Earth, Proxima Centauri, takes 44,000 years to get to at the fastest speed we have available. Better pack some sandwiches huh?
Or there are shortcuts, see worm holes.

I have a hard time believing us humans are the smartest beings in the universe. Maybe I’m full of shit on this topic, and I cannot prove my theory, or can others disprove it.

What adds intrigue to this topic is the fact there's no amount or type of evidence which will ever be accepted. No matter who says what it's immediately discounted. Even video and radar evidence, provided by our own armed forces, is discounted.

What adds intrigue to this topic is the fact there's no amount or type of evidence which will ever be accepted. No matter who says what it's immediately discounted. Even video and radar evidence, provided by our own armed forces, is discounted.

Space Thinking GIF by Tim Robinson

I disagree, it will be accepted when there is ACTUAL evidence. Right now, it's just conjecture.

And what would that evidence be? And how would it get out to the public?

Gonna have to be something tangible. It gets out to the public through a transparent govt., i.e., non-Republican.

I was abducted by aliens 30 years ago. I'm like, I'm all in on the probing but yer going to have to teach me how to make gold/diamonds etc. They refused to do it and dropped me off a long f*cking walk back to town. Bunch of assholes if you ask me.

What would be tangible?
Something tangible that could be scientifically and positively identified as not of our world.

Spaceship, alien body, etc.

It's like Bigfoot. Where's the poo?

People are gullible if they think high level military video feed of an actual UFO is just uploaded to your cousins YouTube channel or tiktok account. If the military has actual footage of an alien aircraft from outside our planet it would be more valuable than anything that has ever existed so yeah I have a hard time believing videos from fired military personnel's social media feed. Maybe I'm dumb though

Back